How to shower your cat
Cats are animals that are clean and happy to clean. Bathing and combing are not only for aesthetics and cleanliness, but also for preventing skin diseases and ectoparasites, as well as promoting blood circulation, metabolism and other health and disease prevention. At the same time, the cat is clean and healthy, and it is also conducive to keeping the indoor environment clean. Therefore, bathing is very important for cats.
Preparation before bathing
1. Cut cat nails one day in advance to avoid scratching (just cut and good mouth)
2. It is best to open the bath and air conditioner in winter, the whole process must be kept warm, do not put it to the ground less than 8-9 minutes.
3. The speed must be fast, and the whole process (excluding wiping/blowing) should be controlled within 10 minutes. The sooner the better, but be sure to wash the foam clean
4. Avoid washing your face. Do not wash the water into the eyes, nose and ears of the cat. Wash it into your ear. Lift your chin and rinse your head.
5. The water temperature should be suitable, slightly higher than the cat's body temperature, can not be overheated or too cold, otherwise the reaction is very big, do not store water in the bath, it is easy to cause tension
6. After taking a bath in spring and summer, most of the time you need to take a hair cream.
Taking the correct steps
1. Prepare the bathing equipment
Bathtubs, bath towels, detergents (special detergents for children's skin non-irritating or children's soaps), combs (metal, wood or plastic, preferably one for fine teeth and thin teeth), brushes, Cotton wool sticks, small scorpions, eye ointments, hair dryers, etc.
2. Squeeze eye ointment into cat's eyelids before bathing
In order to prevent bath water from entering the cat's eyes, you can squeeze the eye ointment into the cat's eyelids before bathing to prevent and protect the eyes. When taking a bath, be careful not to let water pour into the cat's ears.
After washing, the water in the external auditory canal of the cat can be drained with a cotton wool stick. The cat's tail is easily soiled, especially male cats, which excrete secretions from the roots of the tail, and the tail is often stained with dirt. This kind of dirt can't be washed off with water. It can be brushed with a toothbrush and then rinsed with warm water.
3. Wash the back, neck, back, abdomen, limbs in turn
First pour the back of the cat with water by hand, put some bath liquid, and wash it from the back of the cat's head, neck, back, abdomen, and limbs. The action should be quick and complete as soon as possible.
Be careful not to let water in the eyes and ears of the cat, so as not to cause cats' dislike. First, put a cotton ball in the cat's ear and take it out after bathing.
The cat's tail is dirty, especially for male cats. The roots of the tail excrete a lot of oil secretions, which can be brushed with a toothbrush. Wash all the water after washing, or use a water heater to wash the bath. Then use a dry bath towel to dry the water on the cat's body as much as possible.
4. Finally, use a hair dryer to comb and dry.
If some cats are afraid of the sound of a hair dryer, use a small iron cage to close the cat and blow the cat hair through the iron cage. The number of baths for cats should not be too frequent, usually twice a month in the summer, and once in winter is enough.
5. Control the amount of bath water
It is advisable not to drown the kitten. The water temperature is best at 30 degrees - 35 degrees. You can test the water temperature by hand and feel gentle. It is also possible to drip some bath in water.
After doing these preparations, slowly put the kitten into the tub and wash it in the order of the head, back neck, back tail, abdomen, and limbs. The action should be quick and complete as soon as possible.
Immediately after rinsing with water, dry the water on the kitten's body with a dry towel. If it is a long-haired cat, it is not suitable to wipe with a bath towel. It is best to use a hair dryer to comb and dry.
6. Cats don't need to take a shower often
It is not advisable to take a bath when the cat is unwell or sick. Because the oil on the skin of the cat has a certain protective effect on the skin and hair, if the number of bathing is too much, the oil will be lost a lot, it is easy to make the hair of the kitten become brittle, the elasticity of the skin is reduced, otherwise it may become the inflammation of the skin. factor.
When bathing, keep warm indoors, especially in winter, to prevent kittens from catching cold because of the cold. Before taking a bath, the kitten should also be allowed to perform a slight activity to allow the cat to drain the urine.
For the health of the cat, the health of the family and the family must be clean and the cat is clean!